Friday, December 12, 2008

Can anyone interpret dreams?



[Dreams grow on trees, acrylic on canvass, 50x70cm]

Last night, I had a strange dream, of having met a stranger. He was a young man of 22. He looked Filipino, or maybe he was Malaysian. But he was crazy over me.

I know his age because I asked him in my dream.

The setting was a secluded room, where we were both imprisoned by "terrorists". I do not know the location, though it seemed like it was somewhere out of Asia.

We tried to escape, and while finding all ways and means to free ourselves, he kept telling me he loved me.

And I kept saying I could not love him. I was faithful to my soulmate even in my dreams.

"I can't. There's someone waiting for me. And he is the one", I said repeatedly.

The boy only smiled and continued with his mission.

We then managed to escape by dismantling the window grills, and jumping off the building.

It was quite a high jump, yet we did not injure our legs. Strange.

Then I woke up startled. Wonder what it all means...

3 comments:

ahlock said...

Let me have a try at this. You are a woman. You dream of a young man confessing his love to you, even in the most pressing of times (Being captured by terrorists). Love is sweet, but it comes with commitments and responsibility, right? Tell me I'm wrong on this. OK, Trying to find a way out (To escape) can simply mean that you are facing a certain difficulty, responsibility, or tasks that you wanted to solve fast. But you are faced/offered a position which comes with extra responsibility which you have to deny as you have other commitments beside the present task/responsibility in your lap. The offer may be tempting but you simply have to forgo it for the present commitments. OK...my two cents...

KTemoc said...

The younger man might have meant your past. His confession of love for you could have implied your yearnings for a bygone halcyon days.

Being locked up together could mean you're caught by your past but subconciously wish to be released from it.

The escape and leap away from your prison is your projected wish, and a logical one coz who wants to be imprisoned, but you agonise over this decision because you are afraid of taking this step, as indicated by your dreams where you aren't sure where or how you will (metaphorically) land.

Just my 2 sens worth of Delphic Oracle-ising ;-)

de minimis said...

Susan
Can't interpret dreams. But I can wish you a Very Merry Christmas :D