Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Not your typical kind of Sushi



No, my friends. I am not talking about Japanese food :)

Poor Sushi is stranded in Bangkok due to the airport seige by anti-government supporters.

Sushi works for SUARAM PENANG and is in the forefront of the human rights situation there.

I am sure you Penangnites would know Sushi?

She's been arrested for attending ISA rallies and gatherings, but she is one tough lady.

She was here to attend an event with FORUM-ASIA. And what an experience it had been!

But don't worry about Sushi because she's been taken care of very well.

I took her for lunch at the Siam Paragon, for nasi lemak at Secret Recipe knowing how much she is missing food back home. So am I!

I also managed to catch up with her on what's happening back home.

How I miss Penang!

You can see Sushi is enjoying herself here. And inspite of all that is happening to me, I feel happy when I see that smile on Sushi's face.

1 comment:

Khun Pana aka johanssm said...

Wishes all will be safe and back to normal for Thailand.
Thank you to ms.Sushi.
For donning the No to ISA shirt while going places.

And it is very true that whatever Malaysians able to do , the Khun Thai can do better.
Now, when can we boots out the umno government is the question inside most Malaysian minds.