Monday, November 24, 2008

Why this blog



It's nice to do something different. And I guess I am ready now to share stories of my nights and days in Bangkok. I've been here about 3 years now and have some nice things to share. There are not so nice things, too, but these are what I see and hear and feel.

A few souls have asked me why I don't blog about Bangkok when I live here. it's because I am always so occupied with my political blog at www.sloone.wordpress.com. I am virtually living in Malaysia.

But there are somethings about my self that I've discovered in Bangkok - correction - I've always knew about myself, but did not dare or had the mood to explore before. The sense of freedom in Bangkok, did show me the way. And I am ready now to explore this other side of me.

Although I've started publishing my works in little bits and pieces - since I was 14 (poems) and a story when I was 16, and later when I started to join the activists and later journalism fields, I always wanted to write books and paint.

I am starting to be more serious now. I have a collection of art pieces that I must publish here.

I am also working on a few short stories (fiction) and a novel.

I hope I can accomplish them while being here.

This blog, as you will see, will be more personal, and mostly about Bangkok, this land of a thousand smiles.

As you know, if you have followed me closely on the other sloone blog, I always see things differently.

Allow me to share this difference with you.

1 comment:

de minimis said...

Susan

My apologies for being such a nuisance. What can I say? I read your blog from top down!!! Having reached the end and, beginning, I say again, what a great blog. I am riveted. This arty side of you should have come out earlier. Oh, well, better late than never. I'm favouriting you in my "Turn of Phrase" category so I can track your new posts. :D