Monday, November 24, 2008

Took a wrong turn, only to find my way



I'm a great believer in destiny. I believe that nothing happens by accident. And that, if we lose our way, it is for a reason. That even if something bad happens, or we do not get what we want, it is a blessing in disguise. These are not just empty words. But personal experiences, which makes me come to a conclusion: every cloud has a golden lining. Be thankful for failures, mistakes and sometimes misfortunes.



And so we almost lost our way, or rather, I pointed us to the wrong exit. We were on our way to Central World in Chidlom. I've been there many times, with many people and never lost my way.



It all came very clear to us later the reason why we took a wrong turn. We met the Emerald Buddha and Four Face Buddha. Although I was not the one who needed to pray, the sight of other people's devotion, was mesmerising, to say the least.

2 comments:

Monsterball said...

Susan,
"Took a wrong turn, only to find my way"
How very true, of life itself, sometimes. I once made what I thought was a major bad decision, only to realise, much later, that it was really a blessing...

susanloone said...

Kitty;
Just imagine if we always make a right turn and never the wrong one? How boring right?

Imagine always ending up the way you thought you would and no surprises?

That life is so predictable. Better be a machine then.

Hahaha!

Thanks for dropping by :)